Location: District Wide
Position Type: Temporary
Daily Pay: $ 140-$150
Substitute teachers are primarily responsible for effective teaching and learning of the assigned subject(s) following district approved curriculum, instruction and assessment practices. Primary responsibility shall include student safety and appropriate collaboration and attention to each student’s readiness to learn including needed guidance, discipline, and welfare. Employee may teach in a variety of elementary and/or secondary educational, individual or team teaching, settings.
Are you interested in making a difference? We are seeking Substitutes Teachers with the following minimum qualifications to join our team!
- Incumbents must have successful experience in working with culturally diverse families and communities, or have otherwise demonstrated a commitment to strengthening engagement of a diverse community and skill in communicating with a diverse population.
- Possess or qualify to attain a valid Washington State teaching certificate.
- Ability to effectively communicate with parents, students, and staff verbally and in writing.
- Commitment to collaboration and teaming and effectiveness in working within a professional learning community.
- Skill in classroom management and ability to achieve, support, and maintain acceptable student behavior.
- Knowledge of and ability to use appropriate and multiple assessment, instruction, and evaluation techniques.
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development and ability to apply that knowledge to the selection and application of curriculum materials and instructional practices.
- Knowledge and skill in the use and strategies necessary to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Knowledge and skill in culturally responsive teaching and learning.
- Skill and ability to utilize technology to aid instruction, assessment and learning.