Community Education Program Staff: Recreation (part-time approx 3-10 hrs/week, year-round)
Performs a variety of duties associated with instructing an assortment of recreation programs, classes and activities. Content areas include soccer, t-ball, basketball, volleyball, tennis, open gym, pickleball, and others.
- Communicates effectively with students and parents throughout the program.
- Set-up and take down of equipment prior to and after classes.
- Maintains control of class environment while identifying individual needs.
- Develop curriculum and teach class content appropriate to the participants’ ages and abilities.
- Maintains current and accurate paperwork including rosters, emergency contacts, and attendance records.
- Assist and support volunteers in assigned areas.
- Attend all required staff meetings.
- Complete and submit required paperwork and documentation in a timely manner.
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Ability to provide sports instruction to small and large groups of students.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and other district staff.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and instruct participants in the programs.
- Ability to handle emergency situations and basic first aide.
- Maintain a effective work relationships with co-workers, participants and parents/guardians.