CAST- English Language Arts/Social Studies Teacher
East Central Independent School District
Job Announcement – March 17, 2021
CAST- English Language Arts/Social Studies Teacher
The position for an ELAR/Social Studies Teacher will be available at CAST-Lead High School for the 2021-2022 school year. All individuals (district employees included) who are interested in this position must apply online through Frontline via the district website. The deadline for submitting an application is 4:00 p.m., March 31, 2021 or until the position is filled.
Position Function/Purpose: Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society. To serve as a pioneer teacher at an innovative school specializing in leadership and management positions in the retail, hospitality and tourism, and e-commerce industries. CAST Lead teachers will facilitate student learning through project-based learning, blended learning, work-based learning and personalized learning. Teachers must be committed to student success and to the goal of transforming education. Teachers will work directly with industry partners and higher education partners to strengthen student learning opportunities; teach through hands-on, collaborative projects; teach students how to accept feedback; be confident presenters; and be active problem-solvers in their communities.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences.
3. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
4. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
5. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities, design student collaborative groups and appropriate career-exploration experiences.
6. Assist with and develop working relationships with multiple industry partners and higher education institutions.
7. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
8. Work with other staff members to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
9. Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer (s).
10. Use technology to strengthen the teaching /learning process.
11. Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
12. Conduct ongoing assessments of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
13. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal. (i.e. summer bridge activities, project-based learning
14. Be a positive role model for students, support the mission of school districts.
15. Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.
16. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
17. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
18. Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
19. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
20. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
21. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
22. Perform other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Not all applicants will be interviewed. Each applicant’s resume, application, and other available information will be considered in the screening process. Only those persons currently meeting all minimum requirements will be screened.
Appropriate Texas Teacher Certificate/ Generalist 6-12, ELAR 6-12; English Language Arts/Reading
Appropriate Texas Teacher’s Certificate Social Studies Composite certificate – 6-12, 7-12 or 8-12
ESL Certification preferred
Certifications in multiple areas preferred
Demonstrated use of technology for communication and collaboration;
Demonstrated use of interacting in an online learning platform;
Demonstrated use of technology to organize and deliver instruction;
Demonstrated use of a variety of tools to create lessons that include digital resources, media and additional technology-related activities; and,
At least (1) year of experience working in a project-based learning environment or one year of experience working with personalized learning systems.
Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment; [Physical Education Teachers: Current automated external defibrillator (AED) certificate]
Working Conditions: Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours. Frequent standing, stooping, walking, bending, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to noise. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom or adaptive equipment. May be required to lift and position students with physical disabilities; control behavior through physical restraint; and on-ambulatory students. Exposure to biological hazards.
Period of Employment: 10 months
Salary: Based on 2021-2022 Classroom Teacher Salary Scale
Superintendent of Schools
•An Equal Opportunity Employer•