Posted 4 months ago
|GLOUCESTER COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
To apply, please visit Employment at http://gets.gc.k12.va.us to complete an online application.
|POSITION TITLE:||Custodian (Part-time)|
|RATE:||$10.60 -$16.90 per hour, depending on education and experience.|
|PART-TIME DETAILS:||Flexible hours and days, not to exceed 4-5 hours per day or 25 hours per week; day and evening shifts|
|GENERAL STATEMENT:||In the absence of the regularly-assigned custodian, the part-time custodian performs routine cleaning in assigned areas in order to provide the proper building sanitation. Working under the limited supervision of school administrators and/or custodial foreman, the position responds to other miscellaneous requests submitted, such as minor maintenance tasks. The part-time custodian uses prescribed chemicals, hand tools, and machines to keep the school division facility and grounds in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.|
|QUALIFICATIONS:||1. Demonstrated aptitude for successful completion of tasks
2. Ability to perform work independently
3. Satisfactory completion of all onboarding requirements prior to first day of employment, including, but not limited to:
- Documentation of eligibility for employment in the U.S.
- Virginia State Police/FBI criminal history background check
- Virginia Department of Social Services background check
- Tuberculosis test/screening completed within the last 12 months
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES:||1. Completes cleaning schedule for areas assigned, within the frequency requirements provided.
2. Conducts routine tours of the grounds and facility as assigned in the schedule.
3. Maintains a positive public relations attitude with all staff and students
4. Routinely inspects those areas outlined in the building for possible personnel and safety hazards and reports to the appropriate person(s).
5. Acts in a courteous and respectful manner, using good judgment and appropriate communication skills at all times.
6. Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality regarding students, parents, and other staff members.
7. Models non-discriminatory behavior in all activities.
8. Performs related work as required.
|PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:||Position entails frequent climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, and other repetitive motions. Must have the use of sensory skills as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and controls.|
|WORKING CONDITIONS:||Position entails frequent exposure to body fluids and excrement, work-related chemicals, gasses, occasional orders, fumes, noise, and other job-related materials.|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE:||Open until filled|
|POSTED:||March 17, 2021|
|Gloucester County Public Schools reserves the right to delete, add, or revise provisions of this vacancy announcement should the position be re-advertised. This includes the position title, minimum and preferred qualifications, working conditions, and essential duties. Gloucester County Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, creed, marital status, age, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504 and ADA regulations.|
Gloucester County Public Schools
5644 George Washington Memorial Highway , Gloucester, VA 23061