2020-2021 ESL Teacher - Salinas Adult School
Number of Openings (At Time of Posting):
Length of Work Year:
10 months - please visit our website to view the District Calendar
$36.56 - $54.55 hourly (initial placement based on credential, education, &/or experience) - visit our website to view the SAS Certificated Salary Schedule
Requirements for Applying:
- Supplemental materials such as transcripts, letters of recommendation, score reports, etc. are optional but helpful in evaluating your candidacy. If you would like to provide any supplemental materials, please attach them to your online application. Do not send them separately.
- Must possess a valid California Designated Subjects Adult Education credential or Single Subject credential with English Learner authorization. For credentialing information, please visit CCTC's website at www.ctc.ca.gov.
- The Salinas Union High School District is accepting applications for this full-time English as a Second Language Teaching position available at Salinas Adult School. The successful candidate will be assigned to teaching ESL Mondays-Fridays 8:45am-12:15pm & Mondays-Thursdays from 6pm-9pm & may be offered a categorically funded contract.
- Please get to know our District and its schools by visiting our website.
- Ideal candidates will immerse themselves in SUHSD culture and traditions, therefore they must be willing to coach and/or be club advisors.
- Our District has an enrollment of 16,000 students in grades 7-12. SUHSD currently includes four middle schools, five high schools, a continuation high school, an alternative education school, and ROP facilities. We have plans for a fifth middle school.