Director of Lifelong Formation - Our Lady of the Lakes
The Archdiocese of Chicago is the third largest diocese in the United States and serves more than 2.2 million Catholics in The Archdiocese, pastored by Cardinal Blase J. Cupich, has more than 15,000 employees across its ministries, including Catholic Charities, the region’s largest nonprofit social service agency. The Archdiocese also has one of the country’s largest seminaries. The Archdiocese’s elementary and secondary schools comprise one of the largest U.S. private school systems.
Our Lady of the Lakes Parish is looking for a D.R.E., who is familiar with the Renew My Church initiative. The D.R.E. position is being changed in the Chicago Archdiocese and will eventually expand into a Director of Lifelong Formation. The immediate need of the parish is the religious education of children; however, as the title indicates, the eventual goal is for the Lifelong Formation Director to be concerned with catechetical formation of children and adults.
• Energize faith community through structured religious education (RE) program for kindergarten through 8th grade.
• Develop and implement young adult faith-based activities commensurate with their generational perspective.
• Provide a welcoming attitude to all who seek to learn about Christ and the Catholic faith.
• Provide formation and education of catechists leading to archdiocesan certification.
• Oversee and support Catechists.
• Utilize existing parish records such as baptismal record and parishioner registrations for continuous marketing and communication efforts.
• Communicate monthly with RE parents and parish regarding RE program.
• Aid in planning sacramental liturgies with Pastor, Principal, Liturgical Committee and Music Director.
• Commitment to Gospel values and teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Enthusiastic support of parish’s Catholic educational mission.
• BS or BA in Religious Studies, Theology, Pastoral Studies, or other related field relevant to position or commensurate experience.
• 3+ years teaching or coordinating faith formation programs preferred.
• Archdiocesan Catechist Certification or willingness to seek Certificate.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Organizational, multi-tasking, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in team environment; has a “Service Mindset” when working with others.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft and database products.
• Available to work evenings and weekends, when necessary.
Physical and Mental Requirements
• Seeing / Comprehension: 50-100%
• Hearing / Speaking: 50-100%
• Walking / Standing: 0-24%
• Climbing / Stooping / Kneeling: 0-24%
• Hand / Finger Dexterity: 50-100%
The Archdiocese of Chicago is in the midst of exciting changes as we renew our local Church. With a variety of opportunities to contribute your professional talents and experience, we invite you to consider any of our current openings at archchicago.org/careers. We offer competitive salary and benefit packages, as well as opportunities for professional and personal growth and development.