Special Education Teacher - Long Term Substitute Assignment
Greeley Elementary School in Winnetka, Illinois has an opening for a Special Education Teacher (Long Term Sub Assignment) effective April 5, 2021.
Qualities expected of the applicant are:
1. Professional Educator's License (PEL) with approval for teaching Special Education at the elementary/middle school level in the State of Illinois.
2. Understanding of Special Education inclusive services in a progressive environment.
3. Prefer a candidate with experience in behavioral management particularly with students on the autism spectrum.
4. An undergraduate and/or a graduate degree in special education including training and experience with the inclusion model and RtI/MTSS.
5. Experience in writing and implementing an IEP.
6. Recent experience teaching in a elementary special education setting strongly preferred.
7. The ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with students, parents and colleagues.
Interested applicants should apply online. Please include a letter of background and interest, resume,
copies of certification, transcripts and references.