Mid-Level / Secondary Teacher
Job | Posted 2 months ago
Experience and Qualifications:
- Pennsylvania Secondary Teaching Certificate.
- Must have the ability to effectively solve problems in a professional manner.
- Ability to interact with students and staff in a manner that demonstrates respect and dignity.
- Act 34 Clearance, Act 151 Clearance, FBI Clearance (self-paid).
- Act 126 & Act 71 Certifications
- Drug Screening (self-paid).
- Letter of Interest, Resume and Application on District Website.
- To create a flexible secondary program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for upper elementary grade education, in accordance with each pupils ability; to establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach their certified subject area curriculum to pupils in a classroom, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluate pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Communicate with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
- Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude and learning problems.
- Create an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards and interest centers.
- Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the district and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Participate cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines.
- Select and requisition books and instructional aids; maintain required inventory records.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with district testing program.
- Participate in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
- Frequent walking, standing.
- Occasional bending, stooping, twisting, reaching, and grasping.
- Light lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Visual acuity to read correspondence and computer screens.
- Auditory acuity; must be able to use telephone.
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly.
- Must be courteous and able to deal effectively with people.
- Must be cooperative, congenial, and service oriented.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Elementary/Secondary School
- Travel to various locations within the school district and community.