Summer School Supervisor- Internal Applicants Only
Job | Posted 4 months ago
Leander ISD is currently evaluating several potential models in light of the changing situation, and following guidance established by local, state and federal leaders.
Any of these possible changes may not be known until we move into the school year and certainly will depend upon any developments in managing COVID -19 restrictions and recommendations.
.possible variations in campus assignments, hours of operations, and modifications to job duties among other considerations
Regardless of what decisions are reached in order to open our campuses and operations, we must ask that all applicants, new employees, and current staff be prepared for
The State Board for Educator Certification will require all first time applicants for an initial credential to be fingerprinted as part of a national criminal background check. A cost of up to $49.00 will be charged for fingerprinting.
To supervise and manage the Summer Food Program to ensure that high quality, nutritious meals are provided to students in a safe and sanitary environment in accordance with Texas Department of Agriculture Guidelines and LISD policy.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ability to direct others to set up, serve, and replenish food from counters and steam tables and breaking down stations at the end of the meal period.
- Ensure that all necessary production is taking place and quality is at prescribed levels.
- Ensure all TDA and LISD Guidelines are followed and executed consistently.
- Ensure all Food Safety Guidelines are in place and followed consistently.
- Understand and implement sanitation standards.
- Financial responsibilities as it relates to the overall operation of the cafeteria.
- Ensure that kitchen staff follows all school district, health department, SFE and TDA regulatory rules and procedures.
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed.
- Responsible for accurate ordering and inventory of food and supplies for kitchen operation.
- Act as the primary liaison between the cafeteria and the school administration.
- Ability to train and direct a staff of 15 - 20 in multi-site campuses.
- Ability to lead, conduct and train all staff on proper onsite audits.
- Be a liaison between TDA and CNS during audits and or reviews.
- Oversee Kronos or timekeeping system.
- Responsible for documentation of all production records, meal accountability and tally sheets.
- Responsible for documentation retention and record keeping.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Supervise Summer Food Progam Assistants.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Food Handler’s Card from Williamson County Health Department or Travis County.
- Valid Texas Class “C” Operator’s Driver’s License.
- Driving record must meet district standard for driving district vehicles.
- Must currently be classified as CNS Team Leader.
- 2-years Team Lead experience with LISD preferred.
- Must currently be in good standing with the district.
- Ability to lead a diverse team of employees; effectively communicate both verbally and in writing; add and subtract two digit numbers, calculate numbers, multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance; problem solve under stressful conditions, including but not limited to employee conflicts, customer complaints, food shortages, equipment malfunction, and schedule changes; establish and maintain effective, friendly working relationships with students, staff, and the community; perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies; operate various computer software programs.
- Knowledge of effective planning and organizational skills and work well with and around others, pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Ability to count accurately.
- Work in kitchen environment where temperatures are sometimes high.
- Move about on slippery surfaces.
- Needs to be able to move kitchen and food supplies up to 50 pounds.
- Needs to be able to move around kitchen and cafeteria to prepare food and assist in cafeteria management.
- Must be able to remain in stationary position for sustained periods of time.
Equal Opportunity Employer