Program Assistant Pool 2021-2022
Program Assistant Pool
2021-2022 School Year
Pay Grade: 205
Salary Range: $28,380 - $34,847
Duty Days: 183
This maybe a grant funded position
Provide direct instruction to eligible special education students in academic programs under the general guidance of a certified teacher.
- Provide individualized instruction in one or more of the following academic areas: math, science, social studies, and language arts.
- Reinforce academic or developmental skills requiring extensive repetition.
- Provide drill and practice on newly acquired skills.
- Plan jointly with regular education and special education teachers to insure appropriate implementation of student Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior.
- Provide an orderly and productive learning environment.
- Develop resources to enhance and supplement instruction.
- Observe and record student progress.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude with other professional personnel.
- Help teacher keep administrative records and prepare required reports.
- Participate in staff development training programs to improve job performance.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- ”Other duties as assigned” may include working in supplemental assignments under special revenue funds or state compensatory education funds.
- Associate’s degree or sixty (60) semester hours of college credit with emphasis on a major academic area (i.e., English, language arts, psychology, mathematics, sciences, social sciences).
- Have 2 years experience working with students or parents.
- Obtain Texas Educational Aide III Certification.
- Experience in working with special populations preferred.
- Ability to:
- operate personal computers and utilize applicable software applications.
- assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics (functional life skills).
- work well with children.
- work with students with physical, emotional, educational and/or intellectual disabilities.
- cope with a variety of students in varied and sometimes stressful situations.
- communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of:
- the District’s policies and procedures.
- classroom techniques and etiquette.
- correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
Physical Job Requirements:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS REFERENCE
Occasionally (0-33% of day, 0-32 repetitions)
Frequently (34-66% of day, 33-200 repetitions)
Constantly (67-100% of day, >200+ repetitions)
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to mvoe objects. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb stairs. The employee must maintain emotional control under stress, and occasionally work prolonged and/or irregular hours. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 35 pounds.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities.