2nd Shift Custodian Floater
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Perform tasks and duties associated with the maintenance and care of district facilities, equipment and grounds.
ILLUSTRATED DUTIES: The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental job duties:
a) Perform general housekeeping tasks to include dust mopping classroom and hallway floors, stripping and sealing resilient and hard surface floors, washing windows, walls, lockers. Vacuum all carpeted areas of the building with Back Pack, upright or space vacuums.
Clean and disinfect restrooms. Empty trash and recycle bins.
b) Maintain district grounds to include mowing grass, removal of debris and snow from walkways and parking lots, laying sod, etc.
c) Sets up and takes down equipment, e.g., tables, chairs, band shell, etc.
d) Watches for vandalism behavior or unauthorized individuals in building.
e) Perform other duties as required or directed by appropriate supervisors
- EDUCATION: High school graduate or equivalent.
- SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
1) General mechanical abilities.
2) Ability to twist, bend, squat, work above head or shoulders and lift up to 70 pounds.
3) Human Relations: Helping and taking instructions.
- EXPERIENCE: Exposure to a formal work environment.
- Posses MN Special Boiler License within 3 years of hire.
Job Type: Full time, year round
Hours: 8 hours/day; 5 days/week
Bargaining Unit: Custodian
Salary Range: Per Contract