Substitutes | Upper School | Temporary
Job | Posted 5 months ago
Lakeside Upper School is an independent 9-12 coeducational day school located in North Seattle and is currently hiring substitute teachers to teach in-person classes in all subject areas. Interested applicants should clearly indicate which subjects they are most qualified to teach and if they are willing to teach outside of their primary subject area.
Classes are taught in a hybrid format with no more than 18 students meeting in-person while socially distanced in well-ventilated spaces. COVID safety protocols at Lakeside include weekly testing for all students, faculty and staff, contact tracing, as well as daily health screening and deep cleaning. All students and members of the community are required to wear masks properly, maintain social distance, and follow all protocols to ensure a safe campus. PPE is provided free of charge to everyone. Weekly COVID testing is required for all substitutes and provided free of charge on our campus every Friday.
Substitute teachers are used to cover classes on an as needed basis. Class syllabus and teaching materials will be created and support from the department will be provided as needed.
- Classroom instruction.
- Experience teaching high school students.
- Adhere to the teacher's lesson plans.
- Ensure the safety of students while in the classroom.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience teaching middle school level students.
- Computer literate on a PC platform.
- Experience teaching in a hybrid or online environment is preferred.
- Candidates must satisfactorily complete two comprehensive background checks.
- US and MS Short Class (45 minutes to an hour, up to four classes in one day): $43.00 per class
- US Long Class (80 minutes): $58.25 per class
- US and MS Additional class (5th+): $21.50
- US and MS Library: $147.00 per day
- Middle School In-Service Learning Day: $147.00 per day
- US and MS Long term assignments (15 days+) receive the day rate for the same assignment, retroactive to the first day: $183.75 per day
Lakeside School continually recruits for qualified teachers to be placed on substitute rosters throughout the school. Postings will remain open indefinitely.
Working At Lakeside
At Lakeside we are committed to sustaining a school in which individuals representing diverse cultures and experiences instruct one another in the meaning and value of community. To learn more about working at Lakeside, including our professional development and mentoring programs, benefits, diversity and inclusion, and opportunities for involvement in non-academic programs, please visit our Careers page on the Lakeside School website
Lakeside School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.