High School Assistant Softball - School year 21/22
THE CLASSICAL ACADEMY
Season Stipend: $1,000.00 - $2,200.00 (depending on qualifications)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Assistant to the Head Coach in developing all aspects of the specific sport program.
Reports to the Head Coach
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by incumbents in various locations. The Classical Academy reserves the right to modify or change the duties or essential functions of this job at any time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as a freshman, junior varsity, or varsity assistant coach and is classified as an assistant to the head coach
- Assumes the responsibilities for the development of the specific team within the total program, under the direction of the head coach
- Assists the head coach in ways that will benefit the total program
- Attends all coaches’ meetings called by the head coach
- Carries out assignments as prepared by the head coach
Undergraduate degree preferred
Experience as a coach at the secondary level is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possesses and maintains a high moral character, and the ability to work with children and adults
- Possesses a good ability to communicate with parents and students
- Possesses knowledge of the sport(s) assigned
SCOPE OF INTERPERSONAL CONTACTS:
- Athletic Director
- High School Students
- Sports Officials
- Work is generally performed on the practice and/or event area
- Incumbent is required to do what is necessary to get job done, i.e. work days and/or evenings and week-ends
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all inclusive.
- Spends the majority of time standing and walking while performing job duties
- Frequent use of eye, hand, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
PERA defined benefit contribution retirement plan included. This position is stipend-based and therefore does not include benefits other than paid sick leave as outlined by the Healthy Families Healthy Workplace Act.
Conditions of Employment:
Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, her/his legal right to be employed in the United States.
The Classical Academy does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in its educational programs and activities (including employment and application for employment).