2021 PK & DLE/ESL Summer School Instructional Assistant (Internal Applicants Only)
Regardless of what decisions are reached in order to open our campuses and operations, we must ask that all applicants, new employees, and current staff be prepared for
possible variations in campus assignments, hours of operations, and modifications to job duties among other considerations.
Any of these possible changes may not be known until we move into the school year and certainly will depend upon any developments in managing COVID -19 restrictions and recommendations.
To work directly with the DLE/ESL Summer School principal to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the DLE/ESL summer program.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Receive all incoming calls, take reliable messages, provide accurate information, and route to appropriate staff.
- Ability to follow directions from multiple teachers and follow an assigned schedule.
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and state and local board policy.
- Assist teachers, students and parents as needed
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES Education/Certification/Experience:
- TEA issued Educational Aide Certificate.
- Must be bilingual
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage multiple priorities and projects and work well with children, students, staff and parents.
- May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions during portions of work day.
- Needs to move about inside the classroom or campus to monitor students as necessary.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Frequent moving of small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
- Occasional requires lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit.