ESE, Gifted, & ELL Director (#245585)
This is a part time position that includes a service of 6 hours a day 5 day's a week.
Join our incredible family in Hyde Park serving a small number of ESE, ELL, and Gifted population. This school is in it's first year and we seek a knowledgeable, determined, organized, and compassionate leader who can direct our student services program.
The Director of Student Services keeps abreast of all changes in ESE, ELL, & Gifted state regulations. The Director also provides training on ESE, Gifted, and ELL strategies in order to ensure student success.
This individual must be able to perform each task in an inclusion adapted ELL, Gifted, ESE program. 1. Collaborate with Instructional, Leadership, and Professional Learning departments to heighten awareness regarding teaching and learning strategies and state law.
2. Provide support to teachers, families, and students with the collaboration of instructors to create a successful learning experience for BridgePrep Academy of Tampa.
3. Create and administer training for teachers on strategies and state regulations, including not limited to mandatory and optional requirements that better the performance of ESE, Gifted, and ELL students at BridgePrep Academy of Tampa.
4. Create and distribute reference materials to Instructional staff, Administration and Parents regarding student experiences.
5. Administer assessments as required and requested to better serve the student population and meet compliance for school, district, and state.
6. Stay current on DOE policy changes in regards to ELL, ESE, and Gifted state requirements and communicates to Administration and staff, as necessary.
7. Serve as a liaison between families/students and School District of Hillsborough County departments on how the Bridgeprep Academy of Tampa functions, excels, and improves.
8. Collaborate with District Liaisons (Gifted, ESE, ELL) to coordinate awareness, compliance, and needed learning gains / gaps as needed.
9. Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others while staying in compliance.
9. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.