Position Status: Tier 3
5.5 Daily Hours
Salary Range A
High School Diploma or equivalent
Proof of MMR Immunization & Hepatitis B Clearance
Three (3) Professional References
The job of Paraprofessional - ESS Mild/Moderate is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program within assigned classroom with specific responsibility for assisting in the supervision, care and instruction of special needs students in the regular classroom or in a self-contained classroom; assisting in implementing plans for instruction; monitoring student behavior during non-classroom time; providing information to appropriate school personnel; and attending IEP meetings.
This job reports to Principal & Assigned Teacher
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the supervising teacher for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Administers tests, homework, make-up work, etc. for the purpose of supporting teachers in the classroom.
- Administers immediate first aid and medical assistance as instructed by a health care professional (e.g. diapering, tube feeding, colostomy bags, medication, etc.) for the purpose of meeting immediate health care needs.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations (e.g. first aid, CPR, emergency procedures, crisis prevention/ intervention, professional development, etc.) for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Documents student's daily activities (e.g. behavior, completed assignments, on/off task times, etc.) for the purpose of completing daily logs and student's hourly activities.
- Evaluates situations involving other staff, students, parents, the public, etc. for the purpose of taking action and/or providing referral for resolution.
- Maintains instructional materials and/or manual and electronic files/records for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing written reference; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Models conversation, manners, clean up activities, listening, and everyday interactions for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social behavior in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Monitors student's daily schedule and behavior plan (e.g. class schedule, toileting, medication, appetite, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Monitors students during assigned periods within a variety of school environments (e.g. rest rooms, playgrounds, hallways, bus loading zones, cafeteria, parking lots, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a safe and positive learning environment.
- Provides. under the supervision of assigned teacher, instruction to students in a variety of individual and group activities (e.g. academic subjects, reading, writing, behavioral skills, verbal skills, social skills, daily living skills, etc.) for the purpose of reinforcing instructional objectives; implementing IEP plans; and ensuring students success in school.
- Remains with student at all times for the purpose of providing for the safety of student, removing student when necessary and de-escalating situations outside the classroom.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Assists medically fragile or physically disabled students for the purpose of maintaining students' personal hygiene.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications; preparing and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: instructional procedures and practices; age appropriate student activities; safety practices and procedures; conflict resolution; and stages of child development/ behavior; Associate degree preferred and/or passing score on an ADE-approved assessment.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; gather and/or collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a wide diversity of individuals; work with a variety of data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data may require independent interpretation; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; working as part of a team; and working with constant interruptions.
Responsibilities include: working under direct supervision using standardized procedures; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; operating within a defined budget. utilization of some resources from other work units may be required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing, frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 40% walking, and 40% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Experience Job related experience is desired.
Education Targeted, job related education with study in job-related area.
|Food Handlers/SafeServ Certificate