POSITION TO BEGIN 12/7/2020
TITLE: SECRETARY / BOOKKEEPER
1. High school diploma or G.E.D.
2. Reasonable degree of proficiency in typing and dictation.
3. Working knowledge of basic office procedures and the operation of common office equipment and machines.
4. Three year’s experience as a secretary.
5. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Assigned Supervisor
SUPERVISES: Clerical staff when applicable.
JOB GOAL: To assure the smooth and efficient operation of the departmental office assigned to, so that the office’s maximum positive impact on education can be realized.
1. Performs the usual office routines and practices associated with a productive and smoothly run office.
2. Will become familiar with the assigned financial reports of the department.
3. Processes purchase orders and keeps updated financial reports of the department.
4. Maintains property record ledger and inventory of the department.
5. Input data on computer and be able to interpret data received when applicable.
6. Prepare payroll and keep personnel records of those in the department.
7. All other such job related duties as shall be assigned by the immediate supervisor or Superintendent.
8. Assumes the responsibility to report for evacuation shelter support in the event of an emergency and any other duties assigned during an emergency evacuation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten, eleven, or twelve month. Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated by immediate supervisor.