Assistant Competition Dance Coach
Posted a month ago
JOB SUMMARYThe Assistant Coach is hired by the Principal in consultation with the Athletic Director. The Assistant Coach is responsible for the training, education, and care of the athletes under his/her supervision. The Assistant Coach implements the policies and regulations of Carmel High School, the IHSA and conference Carmel belongs to in their sport. This is a stipend position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Must have a BA/BS or ASEP certificate or Teaching Certificate/Substitute Teaching Certificate
- Good verbal and written communication skills, especially with students and parents.
- Good supervisory and organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of the specified sport.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Must be able to coach and work with a diverse student population
Assist in providing a program that encourages growth of the individual and team in sportsmanship
- Promote working with others, developing healthy lifelong qualities, and achievement of skills in the sport.
- Assist in insuring that all IHSA, conference and school rules are followed.
- Hold the team and individuals responsible for good sportsmanship at all times.
- Assist in developing and distributing a written set of rules and regulations for participation in the sport.
- Assist in providing an accurate inventory of equipment at the beginning and end of each season.
- Insure that any injured athlete receives appropriate care, that an accident report is filed with the President’s Office within 24 hours of the injury, and that a doctor’s release is on file with the Athletic Director before the student participates in any athletic activity.
- Insure the safe transport of athletes to and from athletic contests according to school policy.
- Insure that students are supervised by school personnel at all times in the gym or locker room areas.
- Performs other duties/tasks as assigned.
ENVIRONMENTAL DATA AND JOB HAZARDS
- The Assistant Coach position is a part-time stipend position. Hours vary Sunday through Saturday including evenings and weekends depending on the athletic schedule of events and needs of the school.
- The Assistant Coach is required to attend all practices, games and other necessary meetings as needed by the school.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
- Moderate to strong physical activity required: usually standing and moving.
- Some lifting may be required.
- Employee must be able to impart and receive detailed information through verbal and written communication.
- Employee must have the ability to work in situations dealing with people and working with set limits, tolerances, and standards.