Elementary Technology Teacher
Elementary Technology Teacher Provides Digital Literacy and Computer Science Instruction as a Classroom Teacher District Wide
Must have appropriate certification and a willingness to learn and grow as an educator and to deliver digital learning according to State and District Curriculum Standards.
Position Purpose Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through: implementing district approved curriculum; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, activities, and expectations.
• Performance Responsibilities
- Develops and administers elementary school curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Plans lesson plans and instructional materials.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning.
- Maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and attendance as required by the CBA agreement between the Medford Public Schools and the Medford Teachers Association.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with district testing programs.
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of elementary curriculum and concepts, including all subject matters taught.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation process with regard to performance and professional growth as required in the CBA agreement between the Medford Teachers Association and the Medford Public Schools.
Bachelor's Degree required
Massachusetts license in Instructional Technology(All levels)
Familiarity with elementary grades Digital Literacy and Computer Science Standards