Speech & Language Pathologist Teacher
POSITION: SLP – Speech & Language Pathologist Teacher
LOCATION: Romulus Community Schools
START DATE: 2020 - 2021 School Year
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Services and Building Principals
1. Master’s Degree - Speech and Language
2. Certificate of Clinical Competency in Speech and Language Services or valid Michigan Teaching Certificate as a teacher of Speech and Language Impaired as approved by the MDE.
- Must meet the Elementary and Secondary Education / No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 – Highly Qualified.
- Must attain Speech-Language Pathologist License through the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
- Experience in a multi-cultural, school setting, preferred.
1. Experience in differential diagnosis, assessment and progress monitoring.
- Ability to plan evidence based interventions for individual and groups of students.
- Possess the capacity to teach strategies to students and teachers that support progress in the general education classroom and provide push into the classroom speech and language therapy.
- Fosters and maintains positive / collaborative relationships with parents / guardians of students, as well as with students & staff.
- Completes and maintains student records, documentation and record keeping in accordance with District policies and procedures.
- Ability to complete Special Education and district responsibilities within compliance timelines.
- Excellent time management, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact positively with students, staff and parents.
- Capacity to effectively communicate, coordinate and collaborate with Departmental colleagues, ancillary staff, Administration, parents, and building staff to facilitate student progress and growth.
- Appropriate technology skills to integrate with instruction.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Function as a collaborative and contributing team member within the school staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This posting should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position or that this is the exclusive list of job functions or expectations associated with this position. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position.