Program Assistant - Specialized Programs (Transition from School to Work)
$13.52 per hour - commensurate with experience
2020-2021 School Year
10 month position - 8 hours per day
Major medical, hospitalization, dental, income protection, and term life
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess an Associate’s degree or 60 semester hours of coursework documented on an official transcript from an accredited institution of higher education; or pass a formal state assessment such as Master Teacher’s Para Educator Learning Network.
- Additional training in child psychology, guidance, special education or other related areas of study desired.
- A minimum of 1 year clerical experience.
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Demonstrated general proficiency in computer programs including Microsoft Excel and Word.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Skills in human relations.
- Knowledge and understanding of preteens and adolescents.
- Ability to efficiently complete clerical tasks.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students, parents and community members.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
- Ability to handle confrontation and conflict without an emotional response.
- Skills in time management.
Performs duties related to the operation of Specialized Programs; assists the director and/or the teacher in the managerial, operational, and academic functions of the department or school.
PC# 219 100 605