Special Education Aides
Dover Public Schools is a progressive, culturally diverse school district in Morris County serving approximately 3,400 students, Pre-K through grade 12. The Department of Special Services is seeking applicants to work as aides (classroom and personal). These are part-time positions with immediate availability.
An aide is a non-certified instructional staff member who does not hold the position of teacher, but assists in the classroom under the guidance of a teacher. The duties of aides may include the following:
- Providing individual or small-group instructional support for students
- Assisting with classroom management
- Completion of two years of study at an institution of higher learning; or
- An associate’s (or higher) degree; or
- Meeting a rigorous standard of quality that demonstrates, through a formal assessment, knowledge of and the ability to assist in reading, writing, and mathematics instruction or reading, writing, and mathematics readiness (passing of the ETS ParaPro Assessment).
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required
Applications are ONLY being accepted on-line through Applitrack until the positions are filled. In addition to completing all sections of the application, please upload a copy of your cover letter and resume. No phone calls, email, or fax applications accepted.
Please address your cover letter to Ms. Marcia Stillo, Supervisor of Special Services.
Dover Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.