Elementary Classroom Teacher - 1st Grade
POSITION: Elementary Teacher – 1st Grade
LOCATION: Wick Elementary
START DATE: 2020-2021 School Year
1. Valid Michigan Teaching certificate with Elementary School Endorsement K-5 / K-8 All Subjects.
- Major or minor in Specified Content Area (Minor must have passed the Specified Content Area MTTC Test).
- Experience with cooperative learning strategies.
- Experience with Mastery Learning/OBE Outcome strategies.
- Experience with technology / multimedia approach teaching and learning.
- Experience with NWEA preferred.
- Experience using summative and formative assessments in instructional planning preferred.
- Proficiency in using Google Classroom and Virtual Learning methods.
- Experience in participating in PLCs preferred.
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Willingness to be actively involved in the school improvement process.
This posting should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position or that this is the exclusive list of job functions or expectations associated with this position. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required for this position.
1. Provide instruction and explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts in a clear and concise way so that students can understand.
2. Use effective strategies for Differentiation of Instruction.
3. Adhere to curricular goals / objectives to support commonality between classroom instructions.
4. Develop lesson plans that support CCSS and School Improvement Goals.
5. Actively engage students in lessons and meaningful learning experiences that is planned around grade level expectations and enhance critical thinking skills.
6. Administers various types of assessments to monitor student performance and adjust instruction.
7. Enhances the instructional environment towards gains in student performance goals.
8. Engaging with parents and ability to create healthy relationships with students.
9. Communicate regularly and routinely with parents.
10. Manage students, data on students, etc.
11. Evaluation of students (report cards).
12. Work collaboratively with staff.
13. Collaborate with Romulus Community Schools’ Grade Level colleagues to develop a comprehensive, collaborative and aligned education program.
14. Manage equipment / inventory in the classroom.
15. Other duties as may be related to assignment / position.