Job | Posted 7 days ago
Days per Year: 226
JOB TITLE: Planning Coordinator
REPORTS TO: General Manager, Operations
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Exempt
Under limited supervision, this position assists the Executive Director of Planning and Construction in the monitoring of the Districts work order system and manages the assigning, prioritizing and follow up of work orders.
All employees of SISD are expected to act with integrity, support organizational goals, communicate in a clear and respectful manner, championing the needs of our students and drive continuous improvement.
- High school graduate or GED
- Must not have a history of criminal activity
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Minimum of two years’ experience using work order management systems.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in building maintenance operations, knowledge of HVAC systems, electrical systems and plumbing systems.
- Familiarity with elementary and secondary school practices
- Ability to organize and self-motivate, work with deadlines and handle interruptions
- Ability to conduct small, medium and large group instruction and presentation.
- Journeyman’s license in mechanical system, plumbing or electrical
- Experience with School Dude Maintenance Direct.
- Expertise in operation of a large district facilities
- Strong knowledge of basic principles of construction and school plant maintenance
- Expertise in reading blueprint and schematics
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, financial and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Kronos, e-Finance and AESOP or other time keeping and personnel reporting applications
- Extensive knowledge of School Dude or other work order tracking system
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments and activities
- Ability to detect and resolve technical related problems
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent supervisory skills leading and motivating staff
- Effective verbal, writing and communications skills
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Receive phone calls and assist end users to resolve problems and utilize software.
- Provide guidance and assistance to staff members assigned to Maintenance and Operations with responsibility for: payroll, work order management, accounts payable, procurement, inventory management, fixed assets, travel arrangements and facilities rentals.
- Provide training and technical support with School Dude for all district staff members (Custodians, IPM, Maintenance, Food Service, Distribution Services, Campus Administrators and Secretaries) Add new users and/or employees to system, also update user database when employees leave. Program system to send automatic reports for supervisors on periodic basis as needed. Assist all department supervisors with reports, periodic auditing, and correct any data errors. Assign work orders to supervisors based on aging reports. Assist all Support Services departments with the setup of preventative maintenance schedules.
- Aid with the utilization of software applications related to department business services.
- Coordinate the activities of Support Services with other district departments and campuses.
- Coordinate special projects for Support Services.
- Aid with the development and management of the department’s website.
- Exercise considerable independent judgment in solving work problems requiring knowledge of district policies, procedures, processes and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with planning and implement staff development plan for department employees.
- Provide direction for the processing of payroll for Support Services employees.
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Maintenance and Operations departments through improvements to business service functions.
- Enhance coordination and communications between internal business service functions and other district departments and campuses.
- Implement initiatives that organizationally contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Assist in developing strategies to improve department efficiency and productivity. Organize the implementation of software updates and staff training as necessary.
Records, Reports and Correspondence
- Defines procedures for effective filing systems, both manual and electronic.
- Prepare reports as directed by the Support Services Directors
The usual and customary methods of performing the job functions require the following physical demands: physical mobility, standing, prolonged sitting, some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling up to 20lbs. May also be required to work indoors and outdoors to conduct on-site inspection of all maintenance facilities and construction projects. This position will also require both traveling within the district and state wide, occasional prolonged and irregular hours. Mental demands: Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations; ability to interpret a variety of data; ability to apply knowledge of current research and theory, ability to be effective in both oral and written communication; ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
Spring Independent School District
16717 Ella Blvd. , Houston, TX 77090
At the following locations
ADMIN BLDG 1 (GMA)
16717 ELLA BLVD 16717 Ella Blvd, Houston, TX 77090
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558