Job Title: High School Mathematics Teacher
Reports To: Mathematics Instructional Leader and Building Principal
Location: East Haven High School
Level: Classroom Instructor
Education: CT Teaching Certificate in Mathematics 7 - 12 (Endorsement 029); BA (preferred MA) from an accredited college or university in Mathematics or equivalent.
Salary: As stipulated in the EHEA/Board Agreement
Preferred Experience: Strong background in 1 (one) of the following areas preferred; Geometry, or Algebra.
- Create a classroom environment that supports students' development of mathematic content knowledge, conceptual understanding, and related skills
- Knowledge and successful experience
- Implementing research-based instructional practices
- Using a variety of assessment tools and analyzing student data to drive instruction
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers, support staff, and Administrators
- Think flexibly and adapt to the specific instructional needs of students
- Collect data to measure impact on instruction and student achievement
- Develop goals related to teacher practice, student growth and school improvement
- Develop and revise curriculum and various types of assessments that align with district initiatives
Minimum Qualifications/Skills: The successful candidate must have in-depth knowledge of:
- developing students' understanding of mathematics concepts and skills;
- developing lessons that are aligned to the Common Core State Standards;
- integrating technology and digital resources into instruction;
- strong classroom management and organizational skills;
- differentiation of instruction for diverse learners;
- content area literacy;
- assessment (summative and formative).
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions, and responsibilities which comprises this position.
East Haven Public Schools Notice of Non-Discrimination
The East Haven Board of Education prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of, race, color, religious creed, age, marital status, military or veteran’s status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation and past or present learning disability, physical disability or mental disorder. The East Haven Board of Education provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The East Haven Board of Education guarantees compliance under Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments Acts of 1973, section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act of 1991 and Connecticut General Statutes 46a-60. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Robert Swan, Director of Pupil Services 35 Wheelbarrow Lane, East Haven, CT 06513, 203-468-3218. For further information on non-discrimination, visit: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/about/rgn-hqaddresses.html for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER