PARAEDUCATOR - Family Liaison
The Family Liaison is responsible for supporting and educating families at Ellsworth Ave. School. Works under the supervision of the school principal.
1. Implement effective family engagement strategies and activities to empower and build the capacity of families and support parents about their role in the success of their children in alignment with the school family-school engagement plan.
2. Act as a liaison between families and school staff when problems arise and support families by identifying and connecting them to district and community resources.
3. Educate and build relationships with parents by conducting home visits and parent-school meetings. Assist in translation, when necessary.
4. Assist families with parenting skills to support their children, academically and socially.
5. Facilitate meetings and conduct presentations to parents and families
6. Work in collaboration with teachers, counselors, attendance officers and parents to enhance communication between school and home
7. Help families understand district/school policies and procedures such as the importance of attendance, standards and assessments, students test scores and the school report card.
8. Document family activities/events through portfolios that include sign-in sheets, flyers and pictures, and help with data collection.
- An Associates Degree or Successful completion of the ParaPro test.
- Proven ability to work with and interact with families from different cultures.
- Understand early childhood development age birth to grade 5.
- Ability to take direction and be a creative problem-solver.
- Know Danbury resources and social service agencies.
- Participate in professional development and training.
- Literate in Spanish & Portuguese preferred
Hourly Rate: as per Union Contract
32.5 hours per week
Please go on-line at www.danbury.k12.ct.us job listings