Special Education Teacher, HP, Grades 2-5
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Student Support Services this position will provide direct instruction and instructional support to elementary students with learning differences and work in collaboration with the general education teachers. Monitor and evaluate outcomes for students. Assist in the development of Individualized Education Programs (IEP).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of district curriculum, techniques for integrating curriculum, district policies and effective instructional practices.
- Thorough knowledge of IEP, learning theory, differentiated instruction, data collection, best instructional practices, research-based reading instruction and assessments.
- Ability to provide instruction that reflects multiple perspectives education.
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal policies and procedures related to special education.
- Works well with students with emotional and behavioral disabilities, teachers, and parents/guardians of students with disabilities.
- Ability to appropriately adapt instructional programs and materials. Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to infuse technology into curriculum.
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, central office and school based staff, students, parents and community.
- Excellent communication skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certified or certifiable by the New Hampshire Department of Education in General Special Education (1900) is required.
- Experience with inclusion classrooms and the co-teaching model preferred.
WORK SCHEDULE: 10 Months
FLSA Status: Exempt