School Nutrition Administrative Assistant
Position Title: School Nutrition Administrative Assistant
Reports to: School Nutrition Director
Knowledge, Skills Abilities Required: Knowledge of filing and typing. General computer skills, Word, Excel, Publisher, Google and data entry. Ability to work effectively with the public and have good communication skills.
Education, Training Required: High School Graduate with office administrative assistant experience.
Term of Employment: Twelve months
1. Receive telephone calls and take messages.
2. Responsible for typing of information for staff and providing assistance to the Managers when needed, that may also include training our Point of Sale(POS).
3. Responsible for setting up and attending manager’s meetings and to provide thorough minutes back to the staff from each meeting.
4. Responsible for all filing and maintain records per local, state and federal guidelines. Ex. Approved Driver List, Master Staff List, Foster and Homeless Student information, ASSP- After School Snack Program (monthly review by verifying totals for bookkeeper to make claim from, Civil Rights, Site Reviews, and Catering.
5. Notification of all manager’s/staff members by email, telephone or fax of any urgent messages.
6. Chart all reports that are due from the cafeterias/notify the schools and assigned supervisor when the reports are late and/or missing data. Example: Temperature Charts/MPRs, Health Inspection reports, Professional Development done by staff. 9/17/2020
7. Responsible for mailing all outgoing correspondence and sorting all incoming mail.
8. Responsible for having all forms used by School Nutrition updated and made and kept in adequate supply.
9. Responsible for meeting and greeting all visitors to the office, explain and promote the school nutrition program.
10. Responsible for the processing of free and reduced lunch applications in the computer and completing all correspondence with the family households and school staff.
11. Responsible for weekly accountability of NC Daily Reports, Checks and Timesheets received. Ex. Record receipt and verify ADA/ADM weekly and sort and verify checks and bank deposits and catered meal tickets. Timesheets to be sorted by category (Regular employment, Substitute, Catering, or Temporary Staff) and then each category by school.
12. Receive and record an updated list of transfers of students and information.
13. Assist with the hiring process- contact candidates, set up interview location, process their paperwork, assign and obtain uniforms and other items needed for the position.
14. Perform any other office duties as directed by the Director of School Nutrition.