TEMPORARY Instructional Technology Specialist
TEMPORARY TEACHER (2020-2021)
Reports to the Principal
Develop and train instructional staff to effectively incorporate the use of technology into instructional programs and curriculum.
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Knowledge of instructional software applications
Ability to develop and deliver technology training to adult learners
Knowledge of curriculum and technology used in instructional setting
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
3-5 years teaching experience
- Design, develop, and present effective campus- and district-level staff development on the use of technology-based instructional strategies in the classroom. Assess participant acquisition of skills using a variety of evaluation procedures and conduct follow-up training based on results.
- Design individual instructional modules, instructional materials, and training aides that incorporate the use of technology into the existing curriculum.
- Work with principal(s) and campus committees in planning technology training, implementing technology plans, and selecting instructional equipment and software.
- Work with district technology staff and outside vendors to ensure that teachers and administrators have the support, equipment, and materials needed to implement technology-based instruction.
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of technology-based curriculum at the campus level.
Budget and Inventory
- Assist principal to administer campus budget for instructional technology expenditures.
- Monitor purchase and use of legal software at the campus level.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy. Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
Posture: Prolonged sitting and standing; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions, frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: Frequent district wide travel
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Salary commensurate on experience per the FISD CS Salary Schedule
Days= 195 less days that have passed since the calendar began.
FISD pays $235.00 toward health insurance monthly if insurance is selected.
Employees may earn up to 5 local sick days and 5 state personal days per school year.
This position is for the 2020-2021 school year (Temporary Position)
The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. The Administration and/or supervisor have the right to add or change duties at any time.
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions for this position as well as rescinding all past and present job descriptions that do not reflect the current requirements of this position.
Fredericksburg ISD is an equal opportunity employer.