0-3 Childcare Provider Assistant
POSITION TITLE: Childcare Provider Assistant
REPORTS TO: Principal/Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: 242
DATE REVIEWED: 01-2014
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and length of contract to be established by the board of education. The annual period of service for the Childcare Provider Assistant is 242 days.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To support the classroom teaching in providing appropriate learning experiences and educational opportunities for each student assigned to the classroom.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates, collaborates, and cooperates with colleagues, supervisors, and students
- Supports teacher with planning and implementing the district approved curriculum
- Develops and maintains individual relationships with children by providing care that is responsive attentive, consistent, comforting, supportive, and culturally sensitive within an effective learning atmosphere
- Supports teacher in establishing and maintaining NAEYC standards in the classroom,
- Supports education-related purposes outside the instructional day including PTA events, family engagement events, etc.
- Assists teacher in creating and maintaining an environment for learning that embraces cultural diversity through functional and attractive displays, exhibits of student work, and family photographs
- Participates in professional learning to increase skills and proficiency related to job responsibilities and serves on committee’s when needed
- Ensures adherence to good health and safety procedures
- Assists teacher in daily duties and responsibilities within the school
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises students and volunteers.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Child Development Associate (CDA) or higher degree in education or related field
- Three (3) years experience in an early childhood program preferred
EVALUATION: Performance of this job shall be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the board's policy on evaluation of certified personnel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: To perform the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, or hear. Lifting up to 30 pounds may be required on an occasional basis. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required of this job include close vision and distance vision