Position: Substitute Teachers
Position Summary: Archbishop Hoban High School is seeking Substitute Teachers for the 20’-21’ school year. Our substitute teachers provide instruction, maintain a positive learning environment and maximize classroom learning while facilitating lesson plans developed by the absent teacher.
- Implement lesson plans and instructions as directed by the absent teacher.
- Assign classwork and homework, and track student progression.
- Maintain a clean, respectful, orderly classroom, and follow classroom and school procedures.
- Communicate with students and school employees in a professional and positive manner.
- Ensure the safety of students at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Substitute License required.
- Prior high school teaching experience is preferred.
- Commitment to excellence in Catholic college preparatory education.
- Appropriate criminal records check by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation and Federal Bureau of investigation. Have attended or willing to attend a VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children training
We are a Catholic high school in the Holy Cross Tradition. We celebrate our diversity, value each person and welcome one another with the hospitality of Christ. As a family of learners, anchored in gospel values, we empower each other to grow spiritually, develop intellectually and reach out in service to others. Within an innovative and orderly learning environment, we are committed to challenging each student in both heart and mind to be a compassionate individual, a lifelong learner, and a responsible steward of God's creation.