Teacher Assistant (PTA Funded) (Part-Time) - Frostwood Elementary - School Year 2020-2021
Job | Posted a month ago
Spring Branch Independent School District
Teacher Assistant (PTA Funded) (Part-Time)
- Minimum of 48 college hours or high school diploma/equivalent plus pass a District Assessment.
- Educational Aide Certification.
- Ability to work with children.
- Ability to work and communicate with children and adults.
- Ability to work with technology.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
Responsibilities: Instructional Support:
- Adhere to Texas Education Agency and district policies and procedures.
- Assist in implementing the instructional program.
- Prepare and organize instructional materials and equipment.
- Assist in proper classroom management and implement daily schedule.
- Assist in record keeping and clerical duties.
- Assist teachers in the computer lab.
- Assist in communicating with parents.
- Work with students individually or in small groups to reinforce skills and concepts.
- Assist with testing of students for program purposes.
- Perform related duties (lunchroom supervision, bus duty, etc.) as required.
Responsibilities: None Equipment Used: Computer and various office equipment. Working Conditions: Mental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- This position requires regular interacting with the public.
- Repetitive hand motions.
- Prolonged use of the computer.
- Frequent sitting, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling.
- Moving small stacks of textbooks, boxes, equipment and other campus equipment.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. By applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the job description listed above.
Spring Branch ISD
12214 MEMORIAL, Houston, TX 77024
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558