Job | Posted 3 days ago
Program Aide Job Description
This position will be in the Emotional Disorder Special Education Classroom.
- Hold a paraprofessional license.
- Pleasant personality and neat appearance.
- Able to work with and around children.
- Ability to operate audio-visual equipment.
- Keyboarding skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Emotionally and physically able to perform duties required of position.
- Have a good command of the English language.
- Basic knowledge of first aid and health room procedures.
- Possess general knowledge of office equipment.
Supervisor: Classroom Teacher and/or Building Principal
Responsibilities: Works closely with one or more students with disabilities on a regular basis in an effort to provide the physical help, emotional/behavior management, and academic support required to function within the special education program.
- Supervision of students being instructed in a variety of school environments such as classroom, library, playground, etc.
- Assist students to whom assigned in such physical and emotional tasks as putting on and taking off outerwear, moving from room to room, using the lavatory, complying with school expectations, etc. as necessary.
- Extends instruction to students after initial teacher presentation or as planned by teacher.
- Works with small groups of students to: reinforce material, check students’ work, guided reading, administers tests, and/or other curriculum tasks as planned by teacher.
- Performs simple errands and tasks for students such as sharpening pencils, carrying lunch trays, books, etc., when necessary.
- Establishes as fully as possible a supportive and sympathetic relationship with the students without fostering or encouraging intense emotional involvement or dependence.
- Corrects disruptive behavior, as directed, constructively and consistently.
- Takes pupil attendance and assists with pupil records.
- Participates in ongoing evaluation of students’ needs and notifies teacher of changes in condition.
- Makes and files copies.
- Use and care of equipment and facilities.
- Maintains positive public relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Terms of Employment when school is in session –8:30 - 3:00
O'Fallon Community Consolidated School District 90
1010 Moye School Road, O'Fallon, IL 62269
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246