Varsity Cheer Coach - Basketball - Winter, Scale 8 (Replacement)
Posted a month ago
Applications are now being accepted for a Varsity Cheer Coach - Basketball - Winter, Scale 8 (Replacement)
All applicants must possess a valid Ohio Certificate/License in the appropriate area. Required Certifications include:1. Fundamentals of Coaching- The National Federation of State High School Associations presents this series of online modules. (One-time training)
2. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training - Fulfill this requirement through a course approved by the district.
3. First Aid for Coaches -Fulfill this requirement through one of the four categories of options outlined below:
A. Ohio Department of Education-approved pupil activity program. Search for a program during a given time span by entering a beginning and ending date here.
B. Nationally approved programs
• Red Cross (First Aid Health and Safety for Coaches);
• American Sport Education Program (Sport First Aid);
• National Federation of State High School Associations (First Aid Health and Safety for Coaches).
C. College or university courses
Courses must be completed within the past three years and be related to first aid or athletic training.
D. Medical licenses The licenses MD, DO, DC, PA, RN, EMT and ATC fulfill the first aid training requirement.
4. Concussion Training -Complete one of the hour-long courses that are free if you follow directions on the Ohio Department of Health website. The online courses are each valid for three years.
• The National Federation of State High School Associations' training program "Concussion in Sports – What you Need to Know";
• National Alliance for Youth Sports Concussion Training;
• National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention program "Heads Up – Concussion in Youth Sports Online Training Program."
5. Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training - Each year, coaches must review the Ohio Department of Health's new video and related fact sheet.
6. Apply for or submit an active Pupil Activity Supervisor Permit