Student Monitor (Temporary)*
MINIMUM HOURLY RATE: $12.28
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 10
MONTHS PER YEAR: 9
JOB CODE: 080317
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT – TEMPORARY
*This vacancy may combine with job #2064 - Title 1 Para, Class Assistant. Applicants are encourged to apply to both job openings. Please note that there is a difference in pay rates and qualifications for each position and candidate must be qualified for each position.
SUMMARY: Monitor students during lunch, recess, study hall, in-school and/or after school detention. Assist and support with individual behavior management. Provide assistance for students requiring additional educational guidance; take attendance; provide activities for students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequency and percentage of time may vary based on building assignment.
1. Monitor students during lunch, recess, study hall, in-school and/or after school detention. Monitor students in cafeteria waiting line and while eating, ensuring all students have something to eat. Assist students in opening containers during lunch. Take attendance in study hall and In-After School Suspension/Detention.
2. Assist and support with student behavior management. Communicate behavioral concerns to administration. Provides assistance for students requiring additional educational guidance.
3. Assess playground for security and condition of equipment and reports concerns to the appropriate staff member.. Ensure safety of students under all conditions.
4. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• No experience required. One year experience providing general supervision to students or within a classroom environment preferred.
• Experience with working with school age children preferred.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 5 steps (maximum Step 6) based on their previous experience. See our Classified Salary Schedule.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date).
To learn more about our benefits, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.