Coordinator of Instructional Technology
Calendar and Compensation
Under the supervision of the Assistant Superintendent Educational Services or designee, the Coordinator of Instructional Technology develops and implements a long term plan for leveraging instructional applications. The Coordinator supports the effective delivery of instruction related to distance learning and will continue the implementation of instructional applications during in-person or hybrid instruction. This includes guidance in effective planning, development, training, implementation, and evaluation of the District's instructional applications.
Coordination and Implementation of Instructional Technology Applications
- Identify, source and curate instructional applications
- Develop plans and procedures for implementing new instructional applications
- Assist with management and operations of district and school instructional applications
- Coordinate with site technology leads to implement instructional applications and GenYes program
- Support site leadership with instructional technology planning and implementation
- Gather and analyze online system and operational data and make recommendations
- Identify, evaluate, recommend, and implement online and digital resources to enhance educational rigor and augment the printed library materials supporting the curricula
- Develop and revise instructional applications guidelines for effective teaching and learning
- Increase recognition of employees with implementation of instructional applications
- Provide training of instructional staff related to hybrid and online teaching pedagogy
- Develop, facilitate and implement ongoing technology focused professional learning programs for teachers, administrators and parents
- Provide in training of instructional staff related to hybrid and online teaching pedagogy
- Collaborate with the district’s professional development committee
- Share innovative ideas and practices; e.g., staff, committees, parent groups, etc.
Teacher, Administrative Staff, Student and Parent Support
- Provide support to teachers, administrative staff, students and parents on the use of of the Learning Management System and other Instructional applications
- Plan and develop community events, workshops, Q&A sessions and ongoing support opportunities for various audiences to address and proactively prevent concerns
- Review and curate instructional material within the Learning Management System to share effective instructional technology practices
- Oversee the ticketing systems for instructional applications
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders
- Perform other specific job-related duties as assigned
Who we are
Campbell Union High School District, located in the heart of the Silicon Valley, is a small, close knit district committed to ensuring every student is ready for the future. We strive to be data-informed and focused on results, while promoting humanity, kindness, and personal responsibility. We are proud to provide a supportive environment of collaboration among our staff.
We know that high quality teachers, administrators and staff are key to our students’ success and are working to retain and recruit passionate and effective talent.
We are an equal opportunity employer, are committed to racial equity and social justice, and we make a particular effort to recruit people who identify as Black, Indigenous, and people of color to apply for open positions.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Multiple or Single Subject Teaching Credential(s)
- Deep knowledge of instructional applications and effective teaching practices Knowledgeable of current curriculum practices and content, and ability to keep up-to-date with educational programs
- Knowledge of principles and practices of effective professional learning
- Knowledge and experience with the International Society for Technology in Education Standards
- Effective oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, tact, patience, and courtesy
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Primarily indoor working environment
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 87.5% of time.
- Frequently operate a computer keyboard, calculator and other office machines
- Ability to communicate and accurately exchange/provide information
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for this position.
It is the policy of Campbell Union High School District (CUHSD) to provide equal opportunity for all individuals in education and employment. District programs and activities shall be free from discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying based on actual or perceived characteristics of race or ethnicity, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or any other characteristic identified in Education Code 200 or 220, Penal Code 422.55, or Government Code 11135, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics (Board Policy 5145.3 and 4030 through 4032).
Board approval: 9.17.2020