LPN, Part-Time, Level L, 186 day, 5.5 hrs
Job | Posted a month ago
CHAMBERSBURG AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
REPORTS TO: CERTIFIED SCHOOL NURSE
SCHOOL HEALTH SERVICES NURSING SUPERVISOR
- Administration of medications according to Pennsylvania nursing standards of practice.
- Provide basic first aid according to district procedure.
- Assist with screenings and examinations as directed by the school nurse and/or the district’s consulting physician.
- Prepare and process necessary ACCESS paper work.
- Chart ACCESS procedures and other treatments and screenings as assigned.
- Answer telephone as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of the health room setting. All activities and conversations are considered confidential.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the school health services department.
1. Provide support and assistance to the district’s school health service’s staff.
Part time position of 5.5 hours per day based on the required number of student days per school year.
Licensed Practical Nurse
- Maintains current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with others
- Attend work regularly
- Uses effective written, verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- The LPN may perform any and all duties and procedures that are permitted by licensure in the state of Pennsylvania
WORKING CONDITIONS Elementary and Secondary schools
TEMPERAMENT REQUIREMENTS Good interpersonal skills
SENSORY ABILITIES: Speaking, hearing and visual acuity
REQUIRED ABILITY: Speaking, reading and writing in English
Standing: As needed throughout the day
Walking: As needed throughout the day
Sitting: As needed throughout the day
Lifting: Maximum: 50 lbs. Occasional: 1-20 lbs. Frequently: 1-5 lbs.
Carrying: 35 lbs. 1-20 lbs. 1-5 lbs.
Push/pull: 300 lbs. 1-300 lbs. 1-150 lbs.
Overhead reach: Occasionally
Shoulder reach: Occasionally
Repetitive Motion: Hands: Yes Feet: No
Simple grasping: Yes No
Fine manipulation: Yes No
Impact tools: No No
Revisions 01/01, 09/01, 07/02, 05/05
Chambersburg Area School District
3584 Wayne Road, Chambersburg, PA 17202
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $16,365
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.21
% IEP Students
State Average: 18%
State Average: 302