Head Varsity Girls Coach - Gymnastics
Job | Posted a month ago
- Coordinate the organization and implementation of the athletic program;
- Provide coaching and instruction to high school girls in a competitive gymnastics program.
- Work collaboratively with athletic director to implement a coaching philosophy that is supportive of student/athletes’ development.
- Help coaches in the program organize and implement practice plans, periodically attending practices at all age groups and levels;
- Must have strong interest and commitment to student athlete development, with an emphasis on the student as a person;
- Coordinate the selection of participants for the Varsity team and all high school levels;
- Design and implement practice plans and meet strategies;
- Serve as both a teacher and a role model on and off the court/field;
- Foster a fun, supportive learning environment for all players;
- Prioritize the safety of all participants;
- Promote the high ideals of the Orono Public Schools in positive character development of all participants by discussing the importance of education, teamwork, effort, and respect;
- Interact with and engage parents in a respectful and cooperative manner;
- Establish rules for the team in partnership with the Athletic Director and consistent with MSHSL requirements pertaining to on and off-court behavior and eligibility requirements;
- Motivate student athletes to demonstrate the highest levels of performance and ethics in interscholastic athletics.
- Communicate effectively with student/athletes, coaching staff, parents, and building administrators, regarding program needs and developments.
- Must have strong experience in playing/coaching/evaluating.
- Must be knowledgeable of safe spotting techniques for gymnastics.
- Head high school coaching experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role.
- Must possess strong organization and communication skills.
- Must be a positive role model with strong work ethic and a huge passion for the sport.
- Coaches will need to be certified to coach through one or more of the following prior to beginning coaching assignment:
- Valid Minnesota teacher certification, and/or
- Valid coaching license from accredited college, and/or
- Completion of the NFHS Fundamentals of Coaching class per MSHSL policy.
Bargaining Group and Level: NA
All applicants must apply online at: http://bit.ly/oronojobs
or www.orono.k12.mn.us >> District Office >> Human Resources
District Website: www.orono.k12.mn.us
Mr. Bucky Mieras, Activities Director
Dr. Scott E. Alger, Director of Human Resources
Orono Public School District
795 Old Crystal Bay Road North, Long Lake, MN 55356
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,408
% ELL Students
State Average: 8%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.44
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 200