Job | Posted 20 days ago
Overview: Conduct occupational therapy assessments for evaluations and develop occupational therapy goals/services for preschool - grade 12 students.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responds to requests for consultation on students or consults on specific program needs
- Responds to evaluation referrals for students with suspected disabilities or re-evaluation of students with identified disabilities.
- Develop a present level of function and an Individual Educational Plan (IEP) with goals and objectives in conjunction with the IEP team.
- Implement service delivery to assigned students based on the goals, objectives, frequency/ duration, and placement as determined by the IEP team.
- Exhibits knowledge of clinical theory and its application as it relates to the student’s educational needs.
- Maintain oral and written communication with educational personnel, parents and administrators.
- Work cooperatively with educational staff to identify areas where support is needed, including adaptation strategies
- Master’s Degree
- Experience working with pre-school and school age students
- Licensed as an Occupational Therapy in the State of Ohio
- Valid Certificate/License issued by the Ohio Department of Education
- Must be well-versed in applicable state and federal law
- Collaborative, constructive team building skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with students, parents, and other staff members
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and use sound judgment in all aspects of the job
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
Hiring Manager: Lindsay Baar, Coordinator of Student Services
Salary Range: Salary and benefit package will be commensurate with the education and experience of the candidate.
HR Staff: Paul A. Lombardo, Ed.D., Assistant Superintendent of HR and Operations
LaShae Daniels, Confidential Administrative Assistant, Human Resources
CH-UH is the"BEST Place to Work" Video:
Cleveland Heights - University Heights
2155 Miramar Blvd., University Heights, OH 44118
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,686
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.87
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 294