Date: September 18, 2020
From: Office of the Superintendent
Position: School Nurse-Phifer Middle
Pennsauken Public Schools is an urban/suburban Pre-K to 12th grade school district of approximately 5,000 students located in Camden County, New Jersey
- Assesses the physical well being of the students in terms of developmental and present health status.
- Provides appropriate direct medical services to students in accordance with N.J.A.C. 6:29 and Board of Education Policy and Procedure Handbook.
- Consults with staff regarding modification or change in the educational environment when indicated by the student’s developmental or health status.
- Coordinates the medical referral process and communicates medical findings to appropriate persons and/or agencies.
- Initiates, facilitates and maintains liaison between the school and community health agencies.
- Participates in the health education program by providing health instruction and in-service education when appropriate.
- Provides health counseling to students, parents and staff.
- Administers student medication, when prescribed, for pupils to attend school according to State Department guidelines and Board of Education Policy.
- Performs other duties within the scope of employment and certification as assigned by the Director of Special Services or his/her designee(s).
- Appropriate New Jersey Certification for School Nurse
- Current Registered Nurse License-State of New Jersey (to be renewed biannually)
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical professional experience preferred
- Current CPR Certification for Health Care Providers (to be renewed biannually)
- MUST pass NJ Criminal History Review Unit fingerprinting requirement
- New Jersey state residency requirements for public school employees in effect
- Salary, terms and conditions to be determined as per PEA contract
How to Apply:
- Applications are accepted on-line only. To apply, go to www.pennsauken.net and choose employment.
- Please submit your resume, cover letter, references and applicable certifications. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for Application: Until Filled