Commercial Kitchen Appliance/HVAC Tech
HOURLY RATE: $23.94
STANDARD HOURS PER WEEK: 40
MONTHS PER YEAR: 12
JOB CODE: 090317
POSITION TYPE: REPLACEMENT – REGULAR
SUMMARY: Responsible for overseeing maintaining, repairing and replacing commercial kitchen appliances, commercial refrigeration equipment and HVAC equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Analyze, inspect, troubleshoot, install, rebuild, adjust, replace and ensure safety of commercial kitchen appliances, commercial refrigeration equipment and HVAC equipment. May include, but not limited to: Walk-ins, steamers, convection ovens, dishwashers, booster heaters, warmers, exhaust hoods, serving lines, ice machines, bearings, motors, heat exchanges, boilers, air conditioner compressors, exhaust systems and chillers. Commission new kitchens and equipment installation.
2. Performs major and/or minor repair, as well preventative and corrective maintenance of commercial kitchen appliances, commercial refrigeration and HVAC equipment. Repair and maintain all low voltage, equipment voltage and control voltages. Responsible for coordination and prioritizing repair tasks to respond in a timely manner and provide timely repairs and reduced downtime. Respond to emergencies in building during scheduled hours as well as afterhours, including on call for nutrition services and HVAC emergencies.
3. Order, track, record and maintain inventory parts for commercial kitchen appliances, commercial refrigeration equipment and all HVAC equipment. Assist in management of warrantees. Communicate equipment stats and repair or replacement costs to appropriate personnel as needed.
4. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Courses in kitchen commercial appliance repair and preventative maintenance.
• Certificate or degree from accredited/approved HVAC technical school required.
• Minimum of two (2) years of similar or relevant experience required.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• Valid Colorado driver’s license.
• Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination.
• E.P.A. /C.F.C. Certification required upon hire.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. All Newly hired classified employees are placed initially on Step 1 of the pay grade for their position. Classified employees can advance an additional 5 steps (maximum Step 6) based on their previous experience. See our Classified Salary Schedule.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools is committed to providing an environment that promotes a healthy employee population able to serve our students at the highest level. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as other programs for benefit eligible employees. The employee assistance program, voluntary life insurance through PERA, and 401(k), 403(b) & 457(b) plans are available to all employees regardless of hours worked and are available immediately (upon hire date).
To learn more about our benefits, please see our Benefits Overview.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.