Develop for approval by the Business Administrator and put into effect approved policies and programs, which will assure procurement of materials, supplies and services for jurisdiction’s use according to the Local Public Contracts Law.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Manage a system of records, controls and accounting for all requisitions and purchases of the district in accordance with the Public School Contracts Law (N.J.S.A 18:A:18A) and generally accepted principles, applicable regulations, and Board policies, submitting all reports in a timely fashion.
- Manage the bid process, including the preparation of specifications, advertising, assist with opening and recording of bids for purchasing in compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Evaluate the purchasing system and prepare analysis of purchases and comparative cost studies to ensure that the methods and purchasing are cost effective and efficient, making recommendations for needed changes.
- Maintain effective communications with and work cooperatively with the administration and staff to resolve purchasing issues and concerns. Provide technical assistance and conduct workshops regarding purchasing procedures when requested or needed
- Adhere to federal statutes and regulations, New Jersey school law, State Board of Education rules and regulations, Board of Education policies and procedures, and contractual obligations.
- Perform and duties and responsibilities that is within the scope of employment, as assigned by the School Business Administrator, and not otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.
MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS
Graduation from accredited four year college preferred; and
Three years responsible experience in purchasing preferred; or Rutgers University certification as a Registered Public Purchasing Official or Qualified Purchasing Agent
Thorough knowledge of purchasing procedures and practices
Thorough knowledge of Local Public Contracts Law
Ability to analyze a variety of technical problems resulting from a diversified nature of items purchased
Make decisions in accordance with established policy and practices, to correspond on routine and non-routine matters, follow
general instruction without review or supervision.
School Business Administrator