PT Cook/Cashier/Server 3.25 hours daily
Job | Posted a month ago
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience in the preparation of school lunches.
- Good health, high moral character, and a good attendance record.
- Be neat and clean.
- Have the ability to organize and carry out lunchroom procedures.
- Professional tact: be courteous and helpful with administrators, staff, teachers, students, parents, and the community.
- Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds.
- Must pass Criminal Background check.
General Description: Helps to prepare meals and serve food in an acceptable manner. Collects money and makes change, keeps accurate records of all lunchroom monies. Also cleans the work line and the kitchen. Assists in ways to provide the best school food service program possible for the school district.
- Establishes a good working relationship with the principal and staff in the building.
- Carries out directions by the Charge Cook and Food Service Manager.
- Adheres strictly to prescribed standardized recipes.
- Works diligently at assigned tasks and offers help to others.
- Becomes acquainted with every procedure in the food service area.
- Maintains orderly and clean work areas.
- Uses and demonstrates recommended methods of measuring and weighing ingredients.
- Prepares meals for students and staff in an attractive and sanitary manner, carries food to serving lines, serves food.
- Ensures kitchen, dining room, and kitchen equipment are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner according to health department regulations; defrosts and cleans walk-in freezers; washes tables, cleans meat slicers, stoves, ovens, etc. according to approved guidelines.
- Maintains a pleasant attitude in presence of pupils and teachers.
- Reports accidents and potential hazards to appropriate authorities.
- Rotates and dates stock and supplies; ensures food storage; meets health regulations.
- Removes food from freezer and other storage on a daily basis.
- Operates a cash register properly to record receipts for auditor’s use; closes out cash register at end of each lunch period; counts money and reconciles receipts daily with register tape; follows other procedures for handling money and receipts as directed.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Assists with food inventories.
- Maintains regular communications with Operations Coordinator
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations Coordinator
- Takes pride in personal appearance, including personal hygiene and clothing.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Operations Coordinator
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:Knowledge of: Board policies and procedures (including Mission, Vision, and Pillars of Excellence), institutional food preparation techniques, safety practices and procedures, use and care of kitchen equipment and appliances, recommended methods of weighing and measuring ingredients, National School Lunch Pattern (type A lunch), relevant Health Department regulations regarding sanitation, storage, and preparation of foods; skills required to operate a cash register and how to handle money in accordance with expectations/requirements of the Ohio Auditor’s Office.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a role model for students in how to conduct themselves as citizens and as responsible, intelligent human beings;
- Helps instill in the students the belief in and practice of ethical principles and democratic values; and
- Conducts other duties related to the position as assigned by the local superintendent of schools.
Additional Working Conditions:
- Occasional exposure to blood, bodily fluids, and tissue.
- Occasional interaction among unruly students.
Wayne Local Schools
659 Dayton Road, Waynesville, OH 45068
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,686
% ELL Students
State Average: 3%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.87
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 294