Family and Consumer Science Teacher
Posted a month ago
|PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provides quality standards-based instruction in the area of Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS); assesses and encourages student progress; manages an effective learning environment to maximize student achievement.|
Requirements: Bachelor Degree or higher in Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) or a Professional Standards Commission (PSC) determined equivalent. Valid Indiana Teaching Certificate in Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS). Current CTE License. Routine Physical Activities that are required to fulfill job responsibilities. Written and oral communication.
- Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance
- Facilitates/coordinates a rigorous Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) curriculum with career-related instruction; assesses and provides for differentiation to assure student progress while managing the learning environment.
- Complies with state and system level regulations and policies; including the rules of the Professional Standards Commission Code of Ethics for Educators.
- Models enthusiasm for Family and Consumer Science and demonstrates current innovations in the industry, including competition within the global economy.
- Administers developmental testing programs, subject-specific formative/summative assessments, and industry-recognized technical skill assessments for the purpose of evaluating students’ industry certification competency levels attainment and/or the monitoring and development of individual learning growth and student progress towards achieving Individual Graduation Plan’s (GPs) goals.
- Sponsors/infuses co-curricular Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) career tech student organizational (CTSO) experiences to students in the program for the purpose of leadership development, advanced technical skills attainment, workforce readiness preparation, and college career-readiness studies.
- Manages and maintains program’s assigned equipment, software, and supplies.
- Maintains professional development competence through on-going educational and professional development training, as required for certification.
- Establishes and maintains industry and post-secondary connections to promote/encourage students’ participation in continuing education opportunities; including, College Credit Now’ Move On When Ready (MOWR), Dual Enrollment, Joint Enrollment and Articulation Credit programs.
- Maintains prompt and professional communication with parents.
- Performs other duties as assigned by appropriate administrator.