Office Clerk/Receptionist - Bilingual Preferred
Job | Posted a month ago
Primary Purpose:Maintain accurate attendance records for the campus. Under direct supervision, perform data entry including attendance and Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data.
High school diploma or GED
Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets and databases, and do word processing
Proficient keyboarding, file maintenance and 10-key skills
Ability to meet established deadlines
Ability to follow written instructions
Ability to operate multi-line phone system
Basic math skills
Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
One to three years secretarial and/or office experience, preferably in public education environment
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Records, Reports, and Correspondence
- Receive and direct incoming calls, take reliable messages and route to appropriate staff.
- Greet and direct campus visitors.
- Assist parents in checking students in and out of school.
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail, messages, documents and other deliveries.
- Assist with the receipt and distribution of student materials, including homework requests.
- Maintain visitor log and issue visitor passes.
- Collect and enter attendance and PEIMS data into established database and verify accuracy of according to established procedures.
- Prepare and print reports, including attendance reports, class or personnel rosters, and end-of-semester reports.
- Maintain physical and computerized records, including student cumulative folders, progress and failure reports, class rosters, and schedule changes if applicable.
- Assist parents, student and faculty with questions regarding student attendance.
- Process and transmit requests for student information and transcripts.
- Call parents to verify student absences as needed.
- Report all attendance problems to designated administrator.
- Assist with the enrollment, withdrawals and transfer of students and process applicable records.
- Assist campus administration with the preparation of reports and student data information.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Be punctual in all areas.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Be a positive role model for all students.
- Participate in staff development, faculty meetings, and special events as needed.
- Assist with preparation of materials for mailing, including preparing labels, stuffing envelopes, etc.
- Maintain computerized files using personal computer, including reports, employee roster and mailing lists.
- Provide clerical assistance as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Equipment Used:Personal computer or online computer terminal, printer, copier, fax machine and calculator
Working Conditions:Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Repetitive hand motions, prolonged use of computer, frequent interruptions, multitasking, confidentiality, work in stressful conditions and occasionally lift 30-35 pounds.
Any special instructions as assigned by supervisor:
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
1000 S Race, Everman, TX 76140
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,068
% ELL Students
State Average: 17%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.26
% IEP Students
State Average: 9%
State Average: 558