Kids' Company Assistant
Kids' Company Assistants
5 - 7 hours per day
TITLE: KIDS' COMPANY ASSISTANT
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. At least 18 years of age.
2. At least one year experience working with young children (minimum of 1,040
3. A minimum of 12 post-graduate credits in related areas.
4. Demonstrated ability to relate well to children and their parents, staff and
5. Current First Aid and CPR certification.
6. Must be willing to fulfill all responsibilities in accordance with the Kids’
Company philosophy and standards.
7. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may
may find appropriate or acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Kids’ Company Coordinator
JOB GOALS: To assist the Site Leader in providing a well-planned, organized and enriching Kids'
1. Assist the Site Leader in planning, implementing and carrying out the daily lesson plans in
accordance with the SACC standards and district policy.
2. Supervise children's activities, as directed by the Site Leader, including set-up and clean-up.
3. Be responsible for discipline procedures when directly involved with the situation.
4. Be an active game and project leader, participating in all activities.
5. Assist in developing the monthly newsletter/calendar and other support service needs, as requested
by the Site Leader.
6. Keep program supplies in order and inform the Site Leader when more materials are needed.
7. Plan, prepare and purchase daily snacks and compose menus in accordance with the SACC
standards and budget. Maintain accurate records.
8. Be available to work on release days, as scheduled by the Site Leader Kids’ Company Leader or
9. Keep the Site Leader and Kids’ Company Leader informed of any concerns, activities, accidents or
10. Attend staff meetings and recommended training programs to meet the in-service training
11. Promote teamwork, customer service and a positive image of the program to peers, children, parents
and the public at large.
12. Assist in the evaluation of the Support Person(s).
13. Maintain confidentiality of all children and parents/guardians involved in the Kids’ Company Program
as well as when handling customer complaints regarding staff or services.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.