Crossing Guard - Part Time
Building on a Dragon tradition of excellence, the Carroll Independent School District will foster a safe, caring, and creative learning environment that inspires students to realize their full potential as they positively impact the world around them.
This position will assist in ensuring the safety of students using school crosswalks.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to direct traffic using hand-held signs
- Assist student pedestrians in crossing the street safely without undue delays for vehicle traffic.
- Direct students across streets and model safe pedestrian practices
- Direct traffic to assist buses entering and exiting school grounds
- Detect and report needed repairs of school zone signs and signals
- Keep abreast of innovative practices
- Be adaptable and flexible in acceptance of changes in techniques and procedures
- Maintain a professional level of confidentiality regarding all district matters
- Uphold and adhere to safety rules
- Support the goals and objectives of the district and follow district policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
SALARY: (2 hours daily)
$13.30 / hourly