Community Education Instructor: Middle School Girls Basketball Team Leader/Coach; Approximately 3-4 hours per day/3-5 days per week/approx 60 hours per season
Job | Posted 20 days ago
Middle School Basketball Team Leaders/Coaches provide instruction and training for all ages and abilities of students. They may work at a variety of levels teaching different skills to either individuals or groups.
- Plan individual lessons and activities.
- Provide instruction for both practices and games/events.
- Develop knowledge of materials and repertoire for students at different stages of their development.
- Communicate with the student and/or student's parents about their child's lessons and progress.
- Communicate with Program Coordinator and Athletic Director as needed.
- Develop skills and abilities necessary to carry out assigned duties by attending meetings, in-service trainings, and other opportunities when scheduled.
- Attend all required staff meetings.
- Keep accurate records as needed.
- Must possess subject matter expertise in instructional area.
- Must have good organizational skills and demonstrate dependability, promptness, and punctuality.
- Must be able to manage groups of students in a classroom setting and/or other instructional environment.
- Must be a team leader and promote team cohesiveness.
- Must be able to work independently, be enthusiastic, and take initiative.
- Must demonstrate a professional, positive attitude when working with staff, parents, and community contacts.
Elk River Public School District
1170 Main Street Northwest, Elk River, MN 55330
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,408
% ELL Students
State Average: 8%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.44
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 200