Job Title: PEIMS Clerk Middle School / HS Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Principal/PEIMS Coordinator Pay Grade: 04
Works With: Students and Staff Days: 226
Dept. /School: Assigned Campus
Maintain accurate attendance records for the campus. Under close supervision, perform data entry including attendance, Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data, and grades.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to maintain accurate and auditable records
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing.
- Proficient typing keyboarding, and file maintenance skills
- Ability to comply with established deadlines
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collect and enter attendance and PEIMS data into established database and verify accuracy according to prescribed procedures.
- Maintain student records and process requests for student information and transcripts. Process new student records, including requesting transcripts and records from other schools through TREX.
- Assist parents, students, and faculty with questions regarding student attendance.
- Contact parents/guardians to verify student absences as needed and report attendance problems to designated administrator.
- Work cooperatively with principal, personnel office staff, and teachers to collect, organize, and format data required submitting to district PEIMS in a timely manner.
- Distribute Six Weeks Reports to appropriate staff for verification, and correction.
- Submit documentation for PID/PET corrections to PEIMS Department in a timely manner.
- Responsible for processing PEIMS data (includes data entry, withdrawals, change coding and properly coding all special programs).
- Enter schedules for campus into established database.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records and other documents as required following established procedures.
- Assist with all other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress