Maintenance - 3 positions
September 17, 2020
POSITION: Maintenance (3 positions)
HOURS: 40 hours/week
WORK YEAR: 260 days
SALARY: Per AFSCME Contract – hourly range of $18.59 to $22.79 based on experience and classification
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Operations and Maintenance
Responsible for the general maintenance of heating, ventilation, climate control, and other related mechanical equipment.
WORK DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• General maintenance of heating, ventilation, climate control, and other related mechanical equipment.
• Assist in developing and maintaining a preventive maintenance program.
• Maintain ongoing energy conservation program(s).
• Coordinate building equipment operation with building staff.
• Cooperate with and assist other facilities management personnel.
• Operate maintenance vehicles with all types of attached equipment.
• Maintain and operate all tools, equipment, and vehicles.
• Promptly report any problems and situations which effect the maintenance and safety of buildings or equipment.
• Maintenance of plumbing fixtures and equipment, replacement of unserviceable parts with special attention given to the replacement of traps and coils in heatingsystem.
• Repair of furniture, doors, door hardware, locks, windows, and wooden and metal window frames.
• Obtain and maintain swimming pool certification as needed.
• Safely troubleshoot electrical and plumbingproblems.
• Make general repairs, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.
• Initiate response to building emergency situations.
• Submit budget needs related to maintenance to administration as requested.
• Willingness to be in an on-call rotation and work overtime as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Has had work experiences and knowledge in the following: a. Operation, maintenance, and repair of heating, ventilation, climate control and other related mechanical equipment.
b. Read blueprints drawings, equipment layout diagrams, etc.
c. General repairs of equipment.
d. Has a working knowledge of carpentry repairs and installations.
2. Has prior satisfactory experience operating various types of tools and equipment pertinent to maintenance departments, as well as operating departmental vehicles with all types of attached equipment.
3. Has the physical abilities to perform assigned tasks. Must be able to climb and work from a ladder, scaffold, swing stage, etc.
4. Able to lift 60 lbs.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2020 or until filled
Apply online at: www.inghamisd.org
East Lansing Public Schools will comply with Titles VI and IX of the Civil Rights Act with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 as amended. No person on the grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, or handicap will be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity.
East Lansing Public Schools will comply with the Michigan Handicapper’s Civil Rights act of 1977 regarding employment and utilization of educational facilities without discrimination because of religion, race, national origin, age, sex, height, weight, marital status or handicap.